Thursday, December 30, 2010

Rawlings' Pro Preferred First Base Mitt a 'Work of Art'

The player may grow older, but his love of the game never ages.

Just ask RawlingsGear.com customer BigDog36.

A lifelong ballplayer, Big Dog decided it was time for a new mitt. He chose Rawlings' Pro Preferred first baseman's mitt.

“The one I've been using was bought for me by my mother in 1958, when I was a junior in high school!” he wrote. “It is still a serviceable glove, but come on, it's 52 years old! That's older than most ballplayers!

After some research, he purchased model number PROSDCT2T, a two-tone, 13” mitt with a Single Post web, a stretchable web that creates a secure pocket for snagging any throw.

“It is beautifully made and truly a work of art! This glove will last as long as I need it and after that, I'm going to leave it to my grandson, Noah. He is only 19 months old, but looks like he'll be a lefty. I'm sure he'll love this glove as much as his old Big Dog does.”

Rawlings' Pro Preferred line is made with supple Kip leather that provides a smooth look and feel. The Pittards performance sheepskin lining wicks away moisture and sweat to keep your hand dry and to allow the glove to last many seasons.

All Rawlings gloves are constructed with top-quality leather and the best materials by craftsmen who love the game as much as Big Dog, who adds, “Thanks for helping to rekindle my youth and my love of baseball.“

Visit RawlingsGear.com or contact a Rawlings Gear Customer Care representative at (866) 678-GEAR(4327) to buy your Rawlings Pro Preferred glove.

No comments: